Language as an academic discipline falls into both the arts and sciences. One of the problems of academia in their study of language is that they tend to look at it purely from the scientific perspective. But that only looked at half of the equation.
The Plain And Simple Messages Of The Bible. [sm]
The Teachings, Instructions And Commandments of JESUS CHRIST.
Isn’t that plainly and literally recorded.
And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”
That was the fifth commandment which forbids mankind from killing one another. All the Jews and the religious leaders, authorities and experts of the time of the Gospel accounts knew the whole of the Ten Commandments and all of the ‘law of Moses’ and the need to obey and perform them.
Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:
“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
In the day of trial in the wilderness
Hebrews 3:7 – 8
The religious experts and authorities of those days were doing exactly that - being microscopic myopic hair splitters (this is a hyperbole). That was why JESUS said this (another hyperbole) of them, ‘Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!’ (Matthew 23:24).
Back To THE BEGINNING.
1. Words in italic referenced titles or proper names where this applies, otherwise these are personal notes to selected people who are familiar with them.
2. I have intentionally left out many scriptural references as anyone who wants to prove or disprove what is written here should read the Christian Bible thoroughly and extensively (from cover to cover at least three or more times).
3. The various chapters and articles discussed here are by no means exhaustive of the doctrines, prophesies, subjects and answers to questions on the Christian Holy Scriptures.
4. Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version unless otherwise indicated.
5. Please bear in mind that this stuff here is for foundation understanding and some 'deeper' verses and advanced doctrines are skipped.
6. The word or term 'man' is used throughout as a reference to man specifically as well as to all mankind (male and female) according to the context in the same way as the Bible used the term.
7. For the complete listing of titles and discussions of this author on the Christian faith (or religion) please refer to the Start or Home page of 'The Holy Bible Expounded'. Also listed in this post page are the latest published posts of all the Christian topic blogs of this author.
© Quah 2009 - 2014. All rights reserved.
All reference to GOD (in caps or uppercase) in this site refers to the CREATOR GOD whose original inspired Words are the basis of the Christian Bible unless otherwise denoted.
All published information on this topic is targeted at the true disciples of the faith, the Elect, not the false professed believers. Those of other religious faith who are easily offended by simple. clear and obvious truth are advised not to read any of the blogs entries posted here.
All views, statements and discussions are the personal religious belief and conviction of this author and directed at persons of same faith, religious belief and conviction.
Nonetheless any truly sincere seeker of the CREATOR of all things should be able to related to and understand the topic, if seeking said CREATOR in truth and humility, seeking to understand and to learn.
All those who are not interested in, or not seeking to know the truth should not read materials and articles by this author in his books or blogs as the simple, clear and obvious truth will most probably offend their sensitivity and infuriate them..
The author is neither responsible for nor does he approve or endorse any advertisement for subscriptions, products or services advertised in this blog space.
First Published: 2011 01 01